Welcome to Vermont, birthplace of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream! Today’s flavors are: Strawberry Cheesecake, Chunky Monkey, Phish Food, Americone Dream, and Half Baked. Our friends Bobby, Libby, Danny, and Ginny each want a cone. How many ways are there to serve them?
ONE HUNDRED NINETY-FOUR THOUSAND, SIX HUNDRED _ _ _ _ [_] _ _ _ _ _ _
- Bobby wants four scoops of four different flavors, but doesn’t want Strawberry Cheesecake and Phish Food to be touching.
- Libby wants three scoops of three different flavors, as long as the top scoop is not the same as Bobby’s top scoop.
- Danny wants two scoops, which may or may not be of the same flavor.
- Ginny wants two scoops of two different flavors, but she doesn’t want any flavor that Libby got.
- Americone Dream is in limited supply, so only three total scoops of it are available.
Notes: The order of scoops within a cone matters. Our four friends are served simultaneously, so their order doesn’t matter.